Monday, September 2, 2013

Entry #66


Second Outfit Entry

From RedBug

My original idea came from a picture I found on Pinterest.


At first, I was going to crochet the bodice of a dress and then attach some plain white fabric for the skirt of the dress. Then, I was able to find some actual lace fabric, which would not only be a whole lot easier to make and work with, it would make the outfit more my own. I made it using a lengthened Liberty Jane T-shirt pattern.



I ended up making the dress longer than I anticipated, but I like it this way. It gives it a formal look, and I can use this dress for more fancy occasions as well.



The jean jacket was a little more of a puzzle. I wanted it to be thinner, more like a denim shirt than a jacket. Using regular denim from jeans would have been too thick for my idea. Then I found a light blue fabric that was a very light denim. It was perfect for this jacket. I again used the Liberty Jane t-shirt pattern with some modifications. I somewhat followed Bean Bunny's tutorial- http://www.beanbunny.com/bshirt.html



Then came the belt dilemma. I wanted a leather belt for this outfit, but I do not have a good craft store near me where I can get doll size buckles. Then I found this human size belt that was very narrow, and had a perfect size buckle. It wasn't exactly the rich brown I was originally picturing for my outfit, but the bright red adds a bit of color to my outfit.




It's done! The boots my doll is wearing are from the MyAG Rustic Ranch outfit.











Thank you for your entry!

Vote for this outfit via comment on this post or by emailing us 
at nora.demington@gmail.com.

One vote per person.
You can vote for yourself.
You can vote for more than one outfit.
Hence, you can vote for multiple outfits. :-)

Voting for Second Outfits ends September 25th, 2013.


Information about this contest:

First Outfit Tasks Due July 14th, 2013.
Second Outfit Tasks Due August 25th, 2013.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this!

Christina L said...

Super cute! I vote for this one!

Aunt Mimi said...

Beautiful. Perfect for a Texas wedding or party! I vote for this outfit!

jalocatelli said...

I really love this outfit. It gets my vote!

Liesel said...

Lovely. That red belt is delicious.

Xyra Silverleaf said...

Elegant country chic. Very nice.

rebeccadzierzon said...

Adorable! The red belt is such a nice touch. It just "pops".

Anonymous said...

I vote for this one!

Rebecca said...

Creative belt solution!