Sunday, September 1, 2013

Entry #54


Second Outfit Entry

From Fashioned by Rebecca

I love making historical clothing for the 18" doll. One era that I love are the 1930s and 1940s. I knew which fabrics I wanted to use (the floral print one screamed vintage to me) and worked from that. There had to be pleats. The front needed to be fitted and I wanted to try my hand at embroidery (something small). I drew up a sketch of how I wanted this dress to look (first in my mind, then on paper). I must admit, it looked a lot better in my mind!



I did a mock up first with some pink material and scraps of white. 


I modified my pattern pieces and cut up the real stuff.


The inspiration for the embroidery came from a Vogue Doll pattern. It was a simple flower design consisting of the lazy daisy stitch and french knots.


Here are some pictures of Ruthie getting fitted for her new dress


Pleats in progress 


I decided to do a beret to go with the dress using a Keepers Dolly Duds pattern.



Completed Outfit







From Fashioned by Rebecca


Thank you for your entry!

Vote for this outfit via comment on this post or by emailing us 
at nora.demington@gmail.com.

One vote per person.
You can vote for yourself.
You can vote for more than one outfit.
Hence, you can vote for multiple outfits. :-)

Voting for Second Outfits ends September 25th, 2013.


Information about this contest:

First Outfit Tasks Due July 14th, 2013.
Second Outfit Tasks Due August 25th, 2013.

21 comments:

Liesel said...

Vote. I love everything about this design. Wish it were in my size.

miriam l said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
miriam l said...

Vote - this is sweet, I would put this on Kit, Molly or my own living, breathing doll. :-)

rebeccadzierzon said...

Thank you, Liesel and Miriam!

N said...

What a beautiful dress! I vote for this.

Molly said...

Pretty dress! It looks good on Ruthie. :)

LKaye said...

Great attention to detail. Love the embroidery. Gets my vote.

Christina L said...

I love this style so much! And the colors look amazing on Ruthie! Vote!

Anonymous said...

I would love a dress like this for my dolls! This gets my vote!

Ava

jalocatelli said...

I think this dress is *perfect*! I love everything about it. Vote!

Unknown said...

Lovely in every respect. It has my vote! DGLF

Brenda, from Georgia said...

Cute dress, love the collar. Gets my vote.

Xyra Silverleaf said...

Vote!
Love the combination of fabrics and colors and patterns. Just gave me a really good feeling when I saw it.

Jodi said...

I love this! Has my vote. <3 Authentic, well-fit...beautiful!

rebeccadzierzon said...

Thank you so much for all your kind comments.

Unknown said...

Vote. Super cute!

Charisse said...

I love how elegant and simple your design is. The embroidery accents the fabric perfectly!

Anonymous said...

This looks both dainty and crisp at the same time.

Kirren said...

Too cute! This gets my vote.

Dawn said...

vote!

Aunt Mimi said...

Vote