Sunday, September 1, 2013

Entry #41


Second Outfit Entry

Mimiville Designs



When I made this outfit, I was hoping to make something that could be somewhat casual, but had a very elegant feel to it as well. 
I had made the shirt once before, out of a knit fabric. I liked it, but it didn't really match the more refined air of the finished piece. So, I remade it in a fabric more suited to what I envisioned the outfit as. One thing I really like about this fabric is that the pleats on the bottom edge of the shirt have a nice crisp edge, which wasn't something easily achieved with the knit.  

The scarf and bag weren't necessarily part of my original design. I tossed around the idea of adding them, but wasn't originally sure exactly what I wanted them to look like. 
There are earrings with this outfit too, but the doll I modeled this outfit on doesn't have pierced ears, so the picture of the earrings only shows on the etsy listing for this. 

Everything but the shoes was made by me from my own patterns.




Finished product

Well-suited for many occasions, this outfit could easily become an important part of any doll's wardrobe! 

It can be worn as her favorite fantasy outfit, for those times she's imagining herself the heroine of an endangered kingdom!

Or it can be worn in her everyday modern life, when she just wants to look stylish and a step above the rest. 

The white shirt with its decorative pearl-finished buttons and standing collar is an easy choice for a doll who wants an outfit with a touch of elegance.The lace accents complete the stunning look started by the contrast of the loose sleeves with the sharp pleats of the "skirt" by adding an air of unity. The shirt pairs perfectly with the brown leggings, which, with their subtlety, accentuate the details on the other pieces. 
The fitted aqua-blue vest is made from a supple ribbed fabric. It fastens in the front with a handmade frog closure.
The hand knit lace scarf is a lovely clover green and has a delicate traveling vine design. Its color perfectly matches that of the handbag, which is both hand knit and felted.

Whether she's on a quest for an enchanted fairy forest, or the perfect pair of shoes at the mall, this outfit's versatility is limited only by your and her imaginations! 

This outfit is currently for sale at: 










Mimiville Designs



Thank you for your entry!

Vote for this outfit via comment on this post or by emailing us 
at nora.demington@gmail.com.

One vote per person.
You can vote for yourself.
You can vote for more than one outfit.
Hence, you can vote for multiple outfits. :-)

Voting for Second Outfits ends September 25th, 2013.


Information about this contest:

First Outfit Tasks Due July 14th, 2013.
Second Outfit Tasks Due August 25th, 2013.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for this one!

Ava

Liesel said...

Very nice. I vote for this one. She looks so sophisticated.

rebeccadzierzon said...

This one is so creative and one of a kind. Nice job!

mimi said...

Thank you, Ava, Liesel, and Rebecca!! :D

mimi said...

I'd like to vote for myself, too. :)

bob said...

bob votes for this one !!!!

LKaye said...

I vote for this one!

Unknown said...

I vote for this one!

Xyra Silverleaf said...

Very nice. The blouse is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Vote! Very cute!

Dawn said...

I love these colors and the design! Vote!