Monday, September 2, 2013

Entry #64


Second Outfit Entry

Inspiration:

My last outfit(Entry #31) was meant to just be "vaguely Lord-of-the-Rings-ish." This time I thought I'd do something more specific:

Bilbo Baggins, as played by Martin Freeman in "The Hobbit"



In Progress:

My materials:


Shirt:

Pieces for the shirt:







Two sleeve cuffs....


...on two sleeves!



Pants:



Coat:



Waistcoat:



Tie:

At the last minute, I decided not to use the material pictured with the rest of the materials. Instead, I found these nice little quilting squares that fit the bill:


Finished Product:

Venice, major LOTR/Hobbit fan that she is, was more than happy to model the outfit for me: 






I'm going on an adventure!!


Thank you for your entry!

Vote for this outfit via comment on this post or by emailing us 
at nora.demington@gmail.com.

One vote per person.
You can vote for yourself.
You can vote for more than one outfit.
Hence, you can vote for multiple outfits. :-)

Voting for Second Outfits ends September 25th, 2013.


Information about this contest:

First Outfit Tasks Due July 14th, 2013.
Second Outfit Tasks Due August 25th, 2013.


10 comments:

SodaPopStreet said...

Vote! I love The Hobbit and LOTR! As soon as I saw this, before I even read that is was inspired by one of Bilbo's outfits, I instantly thought, "This outfit is from The Hobbit!

Christina L said...

So awesome!! Voting!

Robinhoo said...

Oh, I have GOT to vote for this. Also, my Elijah wants this outfit in Frodo-colors (rust-brown and teal). :)

Aunt Mimi said...

I vote fir this!!

Anonymous said...

This would be brilliant for a smart boy doll! This gets my vote!

Ava

Liesel said...

Clever and nicely done.

Xyra Silverleaf said...

Awesome! Love the Hobbit look. Very nicely done. Voting!
[I'm glad you didn't make her feet fuzzy.]

rebeccadzierzon said...

So creative! You did really well translating this to the 18" doll.

Quinlyn said...

I love this outfit. I vote for it!

Anonymous said...

Vote!