Sunday, September 1, 2013

Entry #58


Second Outfit Entry

From Once Upon a Dollie


I wanted to really challenge myself, using patterns I had no experience with.
I didn't want to have to buy any more material than I already had on hand.
 I drafted the pattern for the hat, and the rest are from liberty Jane.
Here’s my inspiration for the outfit.


Here’s the sketch for my outfit, it’s a mix between country chic, and l
umber Jack (or is it lumber Jill?)



The outfit consists of six pieces, Dark blue skinny jeans, a white tank top, a blue/green plaid button up shirt with ¾ length sleeves, a pair of boots, a hat with ear flaps, and some black suspenders, (of which I forgot to take progress pictures.)

Here are all of the pieces laid out.
Hat cut out.


Pants cut out.


Shirt cut out.


Shoes cut out.


Tank top cut out.


Tank top in progress.


Button up shirt in progress.



Skinny jeans in progress.


Shoes in progress.



Hat in progress.


Finished pictures,
Here is the overall outfit; I even made an ax for chopping wood.


Close up on the hat.


Close up on the shoes.


Close up on the details on the front of the shirt and suspenders.


Close up on the back pockets, and the back of the suspenders.



I started sewing in general, about five years ago; I am only recently learning professional methods.
Luckily when it comes to new techniques, patterns, etc., my little sisters and their friends are happy to except any/all of my Experiments. Practice pieces.




Thank you for your entry!

Vote for this outfit via comment on this post or by emailing us 
at nora.demington@gmail.com.

One vote per person.
You can vote for yourself.
You can vote for more than one outfit.
Hence, you can vote for multiple outfits. :-)

Voting for Second Outfits ends September 25th, 2013.


Information about this contest:

First Outfit Tasks Due July 14th, 2013.
Second Outfit Tasks Due August 25th, 2013.


14 comments:

rebeccadzierzon said...

This is great! I love the hat!

Chris said...

i vote for this one

Unknown said...

How do I vote? I vote for this entry!!

Samantha said...

Voted for the Lumber-Jill!

Anonymous said...

Awsome, you have a very good talent!

Liesel said...

A lumber-jill, how cute.

Brenda, from Georgia said...

Great outfit! I vote for this one.Keep up the great work.

Nikki O. said...

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!

P.S I Vote for me!

Anne said...

I love this, vote for #58

Kassi.O said...

I vote for this one

Bek-E said...

Nice.
Voted for this one!

Tabbi said...

Super cute! I vote for this!

Otis O. said...

Awesome job!
This one gets my Vote!

Aunt Mimi said...

Vote!