Monday, July 29, 2013

Entry #31


2013 Fashion Design Challenge
Entry #31

Idea
This outfit is a costume from a book I'm writing, whose characters where kind of inspired by the elves in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.


In Progress
Here's all my materials: 


I used several different patterns for the different pieces in this outfit. I didn't create any of them myself except for the one for the flares on the sleeves, but I edited just about every one of them.

The pants are made from the Liberty Jane jeans pattern, but I made it without any pockets.


The shirt is also from a Liberty Jane pattern, but I lengthened the sleeves and added the little flares.






The boots were made from a pattern from a doll clothes book by Joan Hinds, and I edited it to make them taller. This is my first attempt at doll shoes other than sandals. What do you think?


The vest is also from a Joan Hinds book:


The main part of the cloak was made using a tutorial for a circle skirt. The hood is an edited pattern from a Joan Hinds book.



Finished Product
My work is complete! The woods in my backyard are the perfect place to display this outfit:








Thank you for your entry!

Vote for this outfit via comment on this post or by emailing us 
at nora.demington@gmail.com.

One vote per person.
You can vote for yourself.
You can vote for more than one outfit.
Hence, you can vote for multiple outfits. :-)



Information about this contest:

First Outfit Tasks Due July 14th, 2013.
Second Outfit Tasks Due August 25th, 2013.



8 comments:

Liesel said...

Nice job on your characters costume. I really like the colors.

Anonymous said...

GIVE THIS A VOTE!!!!!!!

rebeccadzierzon said...

How creative! Nice work!

Robinhoo said...

This is wonderful! As a longtime fan (okay, obsessed fan!) of LotR, I definitely have to vote for this.

Christina L said...

This is AWESOME!!! It looks great on that doll, too! Voting!

Faeli said...

Oh my goodness, I am at loss for words! Absolutely stunning!!! So much work must of been put into this. I vote!!!

A fellow LOTR fan

Anonymous said...

I vote for this!

Xyra Silverleaf said...

Wow! Really cool!
Voting!