Thursday, July 18, 2013

Entry #11


2013 Fashion Design Challenge
Entry #11

I started sewing when I was about 8 for my barbie dolls.  By age 12 I was sewing clothes for myself.

It has been lots of fun to begin sewing for dolls again.

This is the first outfit that I've made for my American Girl doll.

I love the 1950's era because that's when I grew up.  
When I found the photo of this 1950's pattern, I just knew  wanted to recreate it.


I decided to dress it up a bit by using white polyester dupioni for the blouse.  
I used a Liberty Jane blouse pattern for a sloper.

The front princess line seams open at the waist into pleats.  A partial belt was added on each side and attached just above the pleats with  white buttons. The set-in sleeves are 3/4 with cuffs and the collar is rounded.  The blouse closes in the back with snaps and the back seam is decorated with tiny white buttons.

The pants are made with red cotton sateen adapted from a Butterick pattern.  They have a flat front with a waistband.  The back waist has elastic for easy dressing.


The outfit is finished off with red patent shoes, a pearl necklace and bracelet, and a red hair ribbon.



Thank you for your entry!

Vote for this outfit via comment on this post or by emailing us 
at nora.demington@gmail.com.

One vote per person.
You can vote for yourself.
You can vote for more than one outfit.
Hence, you can vote for multiple outfits. :-)



Information about this contest:

First Outfit Tasks Due July 14th, 2013.
Second Outfit Tasks Due August 25th, 2013.


7 comments:

Liesel said...

I vote for this one. I love everything about this outfit. The details are intricate and really makes this outfit stand out.

Charisse said...

Thank you for your vote and encouragement!

LKaye said...

Love the vintage inspiration and look of this. Great job! My vote.

rebeccadzierzon said...

Soooo cute! Gets my vote.

Anonymous said...

This outfit should have way more votes. It is absolutely wonderful. The vintage feel is right on and so in right now. I totally love it. I vote for this one.

Becca Lehner said...

I love, love, love this ^_^. Nice inspiration. You get my vote.

rebeccadzierzon said...

How did this one not get more votes?! To the designer (if you still look at the comments): you did an outstanding job! I can't wait to see what your next outfit looks like!